Thursday, December 30, 2010

Excitement!

Hey everyone!  The excitement that I have today is almost overwhelming!  The comments and love and words of encouragement were not AT ALL what I was expecting!  I told my sister in law today, that I decided to do this because I felt like I was at an all time low...rock bottom with my weight, and the thought of helping others or giving others motivation honestly never crossed my mind!  I just thought...you know what if my husband and family are the only people who follow and help me on this journey then that is more than enough for me!  But NO...all of YOU that have written to me have truly made me cry on everything I have read!  Your words are just amazing and so motivating!  You guys I'm not kidding when I say this...I have NEVER felt this way about losing weight!  I know this is it...this is when I change my life FOREVER!  This is when I teach my children how to eat vegetables and fruit and salad!  Not chips and cookies and pop!  I have an amazing article I am going to post whenever my husband gets home that all you parents...especially mommies will LOVE!  But again thank you for everything guys!  Okay now on to a few more things I have been thinking of!  I have always heard to do this, but my friend Lauren Jordan told me...set small goals!  So here it is guys...my first small goal!
* 10 pounds...thats it!  I know this is a goal I can hit!  My reward for 10 pounds is $50 from my husband to go buy myself some new clothes~ 
One big goal that I do want to go on and set, that has nothing to do with my weight is one that I am very passionate about and so excited to do!  The half marathon in May!  I truly think I should have no problem with this one...I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE RUNNING!  My husband has done 3 marathons and has definitely inspired me!  I have no problem at all running right now, except for the fact that my body gets tired a lot quicker than if I was 90 pounds lighter!  I feel like when I get some weight off I will be an ultra marathoner...haha maybe not that extreme, but I do feel like running a marathon will be easier!  Well thank you all for listening!  I can not tell you how much I love doing this!  You are all my inspirations!  Thank you again!  Hope y'all all have a fabulous day! 

1 comment:

  1. I love how supportive your husband is! I have a skinny "better half" who has never struggled with weight. I feel very self conscious knowing I weigh more than him, that he can eat whatever he wants and I can't, that he will never know how it feels to look in the mirror and feel ugly and gross. It's so hard to share my struggles with him because of my own self consciousness. Seeing you guys do this together is helping me to realize that it's okay to ask for help and support and to not be ashamed or embarrassed and that he will love me no matter what the number on the scale reads. Thank you to you and your husband for that encouragement today.

    ReplyDelete